Inland Pipe produces a range of precast box culverts that can be used for a variety of horizontal and vertical applications.
Primarily intended for use as a horizontal conduit where headroom is limited, precast boxes can significantly cut the costs by reducing or eliminating formwork, dewatering, traffic control and curing when compared to cast-in-place concrete.
Precast boxes can be designed for various depths and loading conditions including truck, railway and airplane loads. Similar to concrete pipe, precast box culverts are available in unique configurations including mitre bends, wyes, cast-in baffles, and manhole access openings.
- storm sewer systems
- underground storage tanks
- drainage culverts
- pedestrian and wildlife crossings
- utility chambers and corridors
- small bridges
- conveyor tunnels
Precast boxes can be designed to local and national standards. Common design standards available are:
- ASTM C1433 Standard Specification for Precast Reinforced Concrete Box Sections for Culverts, Storm Drains, and Sewers
- CSA S6-06 Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code
For information about Inland Pipe box culverts, view our full catalogue of products available in your area.
Catalogues & Pricing
View our full catalogue of products available in your area.